The criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e., no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e., represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 days?: Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as new year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Oct. 4, 2013
End Date: July 1, 2016
1. Come up with 101 things.
2. Get a picture with Will Sheehey (Oct. 4, 2013)
3. Go to a Taylor Swift Concert
4. Go to a One Direction Concert (Aug. 29, 2014)
Concert/ Meet Scotty McCreery. (Went to his concert on Dec. 20. 2013 but didn’t get to meet him) (Ended up meeting him on Feb. 18, 2013)
6. Go to a Spa
7. Have a bonfire at my house. (March 7&9 with amazing friends who don’t care how far out I live <3)
8. Go on a picnic.
9. Attend a men’s IU basketball game. (Nov. 4, 2013 and Nov. 12,2013)
10. Dance in the rain.
11. Watch the sunrise and sunset in one day.
12. Go wine tasting.
13. Read 25 books for pleasure. (2/25) (The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks, The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks, The Boy Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick)
14. Watch “The Breakfast Club.” (Dec. 25, 2013)
15. Get Chelsea to watch “One Tree Hill.”
16. Look cute for a week straight (No sweats or T-shirts). (I know for certain I did this during the school year)
17. Lay in a hammock.
18. See downtown Indy lights at Christmas time. (Dec. 20, 2013) 19. Create an inspiration board. (On my blog)
20. Make a scrapbook for Mom and Dad.
21. Participate in the Color Run.
22. Attend a wedding.
23. Read ALL Nicholas Sparks books.
24. Visit Chelsea at her college.
25. Luke Bryan concert.
26. Shop downtown Bloomington. (Summer 2014) 27. Walk around at Brown Country park. (Nov. 9, 2013)
28. Go to Cedar Point.
29. Make a city skyline lamp shade.
30. Make mashed cheese potatoes.
31. Write a short story. (wrote “Fortune Cookie” for my creative writing class)
32. See another meteor shower.
33. Try something new with makeup.
34. Watch 5 Audrey Hepburn movies.
35. Actually go camping.
36. Go to a corn maze.
37. Go to a pumpkin patch. (Oct. 2014 with Amber and Emily)
38. Create black mason jars with hearts.
39. Watch Disney movies for a day.
40. Answer the “50 Questions that will free your mind.”(Jan. 2, 2013)
41. Start scrap-booking travels.
42. Make 5 new mix CD’s (3)
43. Try different Starbucks drinks. (Dec. 15, 2013 I tried white chocolate mocha)
44. Go vintage shopping.
45. Buy the person behind me what they ordered.
46. Buy 2 new pairs of Keds and Boots.
47. Buy Mom and Dad Zac Brown Band tickets.
48. Buy something Kate Spade. (Nov. 4, 2013) 49. Buy a “little black dress” and go out in it. (Dec. 25, 2013) 50. Buy a pair of VS underwear.
51. Buy a “Not a Morning Person” sweatshirt.
52. Buy something on Black Friday.(Nov. 29, 2013 bought beanies, IU sweatshirt)
53. Fall in love
54. Move into my own place.
55. Get a new job. (Chelsea’s sometime in September)
56. Get closer to my dad.
57. Hang out with my brother for the day. (Hung out in Greenwood, movies) 58. Make at least 5 new friends. (I’m so so thankful I accomplished this! Emily, Haylea, Joey, Amber, and ) 59. Keep in touch with Mackenzie.
60. Write a letter to myself. Open it at end of 1001 days.
61. Have a real New Years Kiss.
62. Get over my fear of babies.
63. Hang out with Justin for a day.
64. Keep my room clean for 2 months.
65. Help finish my T-shirt quilt.
66. Organize my closet.
67. Kiss under a mistletoe.
68. Get teeth professionally whitened.
69. Clean out photos on iPhone and organize them.
70. Break out of my shyness.
71. Go on a romantic date.
72. Travel to NYC and meet Carly Heitlinger and Mackenzie Horan.
73. Go on another trip with Mam and Pap.
74. Go on a vacation with my best friend.
75. Go on a trip with mom.
76. Pass Finite (Dec. 13, 2013 with a C+)
77. Graduate from college.
78. Get an internship I will enjoy.
79. Research studying abroad opportunities.
80. Write on my blog for 2 weeks straight.
81. Have at least 200 followers on my blog.
82. Work on photography portfolio.
83. Go walking downtown and photograph everything.
84. Make a calendar of my own photographs one year.
85. Complete a 365 photo project.
86. Enter a photo in a photo contest.
87. Learn to use my camera’s manual settings. (Thank You, Bill. AKA: Luke) 88. Take a photography class. (Fall semester 2014)
89. Leave comments on other blogs to make blogger friends.
90. Learn to use Photoshop. (Learned the basics in photog class) 91. Practice studio pictures on Chelsea ASAP. (Practiced on Jordan.)
92. Visit a new museum (preferably photography).
93. Run 3 miles again without stopping.
94. Keep track of all spending for a month.
95. Pay off my car.
96. No soda for a month.
97. Hike more than 5 miles in one day.
98. No debby cakes for 2 weeks straight. (Haven’t had them for over a year!)
99. 100 sit-ups a day for 1 month.
And last but not least,
100. Write about everything you complete on your blog.
101. Come up with another 101 in 1001 list.